Invest in Youth
Board Member Recruitment
Invest in Youth is seeking an exceptionally competent individual to serve as our first Executive Director as we transition from a founder-driven entity to a sustainable non-profit organization. The ideal candidate for this part-time (20 hours/week) position will be a highly motivated and dynamic professional with an established track-record in non-profit leadership.
- Establish organizational goals with the Board of Directors. Collaborate with Board and Staff to deliver these goals, monitor, and report on progress electronically and at bi-monthly Board meetings.
- Collaborate with the Finance Committee to develop the annual plan and budget in alignment with strategic plans. Supervise all aspects of the organization’s budget to ensure strategic use of resources to achieve the annual goals.
- With the support of the Development Committee, design and implement a development plan for the organization and grow a sustainable funding base. Spearhead grant applications. Develop annual fundraising campaign with the Board to target individuals, corporations and grant-making organizations.
- Recruit, train and manage staff, at the direction of the board, to ensure effective implementation of IIY’s programs. Serve as both manager and mentor to Program Managers and assist as necessary.
- Coordinate an effective program for recognition of donors and volunteers. Recognize employers of volunteers.
- Serve as administrator for salesforce.com database. Maintain and update website in collaboration with Program Managers. With the Communications committee, write and publish newsletters/annual reports to donors, volunteers, corporate partners and other IIY stakeholders.
- Cultivate relationships with key community partners: schools, community non-profits, donors, volunteers, and corporations. Develop and maintain IIY’s visibility in the community.
- Work closely with community volunteers, volunteers’ employers and volunteer agencies to promote greater involvement.
- Compile and record results of annual program evaluation. Work with the Evaluation and Communications committees to distribute results to IIY stakeholders.
- Execute other duties as assigned by the Board and per the needs of the organization.
- Significant experience and a proven record of staff management, volunteer and donor management, program development and fundraising.
- Ability to initiate, analyze, monitor, evaluate and alter strategic plans. Demonstrated ability to manage people, projects and deadlines.
- Possess excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to connect with a variety of different constituencies and build relationships. Able to train and coach staff, tutors and students and work effectively and diplomatically with volunteers, school representatives, corporate partners and community leaders. Experience working successfully with diverse communities and stakeholders.
- Conversant with technology: database management, excel, word, website maintenance, email, etc.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills as well as creativity and flexibility.
To apply please submit via email your resume and cover letter to Sara Hasan at email@example.com. Please include "Executive Director Applicant" in the subject line.
About Invest in Youth:
Invest In Youth (www.investinyouth.org) is a business-to-youth tutoring program created in 1997 by financial advisor Harriett Morton. Invest in Youth enhances the academic abilities, self-confidence and life prospects of struggling learners in the Seattle Public Schools through weekly, one-on-one mentoring/tutoring sessions with a caring and committed adult. The program was originally designed for investment professionals who are often available after 3pm because of the early market closing on the West Coast, and has stayed true to its roots by providing a meaningful, time-efficient and effective way for local professionals and community members to give back in their communities. Last fall, we successfully matched over 90 local elementary school students with adult mentors who gave them a little extra help with their studies each week.