King County Sexual Assault Resource Center (KCSARC)
Board of Directors Opportunity
The Board of Directors for King County Sexual Assault Resource Center (KCSARC) is responsible for governing the organization and for generating resources in order to advance the agency mission.
- Interest in responding to and preventing sexual assault and abuse.
- Experience and/or interest in relevant areas including governance, finance, fundraising, personnel, program evaluation, legislative work, communications and public relations, marketing and sales
- Consistent attendance and participation at regular Board activities, including monthly Board meetings, committee activities as necessary, and the annual Board retreat.
While not an exclusive list, KCSARC is seeking individuals:
- With skills in financial management, human relations and public relations/marketing
- Who bring racial and ethnic diversity and/or live or work in South King County.
Time and Financial Commitment:
- Attend and come prepared to regular monthly Board meetings, and committee meetings as needed.
- Be available for consultation to other members of the Board and the Executive Director.
- Represent KCSARC at public functions and/or hearings as appropriate.
- Contribute to KCSARC as a major donor (major donors are individuals who contribute in excess of $1000 annually).
- Serve for a minimum of 3 years.
- January - March: Individuals with relevant skill sets and interest in the mission of KCSARC, to submit an application for consideration.
- April -June: Applications are reviewed and those who meet initial requirements are invited to attend a board meeting.
- July: Those selected for nomination are notified their name will be on a slate to be voted on by the Board in August.
- September: 3-year term begins.
For more information please see our website and Board Recruitment flyer.
You may also contact:
Mary Ellen Stone, Executive Director
Direct Line: (425)282-0354