Potlatch Fund is seeking three new members to join its Board. The three new members will be appointed by the existing twelve member Board to serve for terms of three years (the terms will expire at the Annual Meeting to be held in September 2011).
Potlatch Fund is a native led organization that seeks to increase philanthropy within Northwest Indian country. The Fund operates in the four state region of Washington, Oregon, Idaho and Montana.
Potlatch Fund has been operating since 2002 and has achieved considerable success and growth since that time. It now has a staff of five, and an annual budget of approximately $700,000. It operates from leased office space in the downtown area of Seattle.
Ideally the three new Board Members to be appointed by Potlatch Fund will have the following skills and attributes:
· Have extensive knowledge of the non-profit sector, the funding sectors (including the philanthropic and/or the gaming sectors), community development and Indian Country.
· Have professional experience in one or more of the above areas.
· Be an enrolled member of an American Indian/Alaskan Native Tribe.
· Have leadership and/or extensive professional experience with a Northwest Native Tribe.
· Reside within the Boardʼs four State region. It is noted that the Board currently has no current representation from Idaho and would welcome nominees from this area.
· Have an understanding of the issues that arise when dealing with diverse communities which can include diversity due to ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, economic means.
· The ability to generate support in Indian country in support of Potlatch Fundʼs mission and its activities.
This is a volunteer position, however reasonable out of pocket expenses can be met. The Potlatch Fund Board meets quarterly, with members often joining by telephone conference. Other meetings may be required from time to time as needs dictate.
This is an opportunity for appropriate individuals to help the Potlatch Fund achieve that next layer of success. Nominations can be sent on a confidential basis to Ken Gordon, Executive Director, Potlatch Fund, 801 Second Avenue, Suite 304, Seattle, WA 98104. Mr Gordon can also be contacted directly on 206 595 2450 if you wish to discuss the role.