Sailing Heritage Foundation (SHF)
The Sailing Heritage Foundation (SHF) is a non-profit organization that has set sails over the last twenty-seven years providing patients, caretakers, and their families providing a reprieve from the pain, stress and emotional burdens of physical illness. Victims of domestic abuse, at-risk youth, burn victims and disabled youth also benefit from the program which emphasizes individual development and confidence-building while providing a rejuvenating, positive, and perhaps life-changing experience.
We are currently seeking volunteer board members for the following roles:
Secretary - the Secretary has the important role of making sure that the business of the SHF stays on track. They will ensures that official forms and correspondence are kept secure, that official documents are filed on time and that all other formal requirements are met.
1. Act as any secretary would for a "supervisor" (in this case, the Board).
2. Record the minutes of all board meetings as well as the minutes of any committees to which the Secretary is assigned, making sure that all actions are duly noted.
3. Keep a record of all policies approved by the Board in the association's policy's.
4. Maintain and monitor a calendar of important dates for the association such as grant filing dates, audit dates, etc.
5. Maintain the records of the staff person including contracts, benefits, evaluations, etc.
6. Keep all the records of the association in a safe place.
7. Dispose of old documents only with the approval of the Board.
8. Make sure that all files are in good order for the next Board Secretary.
Treasurer - The Treasurer will manage and report on the association's finances.
1. Carrying out the responsibilities of a member of the Board of Directors.
2. Assists in the preparation of the budget.
3. Monitors the budget.
4. Ensures the Board's financial policies are being followed.
5. Reports to the Board of Directors and general membership on finances.
6. Prepares any required financial reporting forms.
7. Maintains all bank accounts.
8. Oversees all financial transactions.
9. Treasurer's signature should appear on all checks of the organization with the second signature from any of the board's other directors or staff with signing authority.
10. Chairs the finance committee.
Board of Director (6 seats open)- To advise, govern, oversee policy and direction, and assist with the leadership and general promotion of SHF so as to support the organization’s mission and needs.
Volunteer Coordinator - Assist with SHF volunteer recruitment, communications and program development.
If you are interested in any of these positions please contact:
1829 223rd Ave SE
Sammamish, WA 98075