Board of Directors
The Washington State Budget & Policy Center is a nonpartisan research organization that promotes common-sense policies to advance the well-being of Washingtonians. Through sound research, strategic communications, and broad community partnerships, we push for public investments in the building blocks of a strong economy–including excellent schools, living-wage jobs, and healthy communities.
The board of directors is seeking new members who are:
- Passionate about the Budget & Policy Center’s mission of advancing the well-being of Washington communities and improving the economic security and social opportunity of all in the state;
- Excited to join a dynamic team with a collaborative, transparent, and inclusive organizational culture;
- Committed to integrating racial equity in policy decisions;
- Willing to help with fundraising and to build a culture of philanthropy; and
- Advocates at heart who are ready roll up their sleeves and engage in the work.
We are especially interested in candidates who:
- Come from diverse backgrounds, particularly from communities historically marginalized in state budget decisions;
- Have fundraising experience and relationship-building expertise; and/or
- Live outside Puget Sound.
The Budget & Policy Center is looking to bring on four to five new board members to serve three-year terms beginning in July 2018.
Please email a brief letter of interest explaining why you are interested in joining the Budget & Policy Center board and your resume to board(at)budgetandpolicy(dot)org.
If you have any questions, please contact Misha Werschkul at mishaw(at)budgetandpolicy(dot)org.
Application deadline: April 20, 2018.