Manager- Master Data Management
The Master Data Management (MDM) and Data Governance IT Manager is responsible for defining, developing, and maintaining our strategy, policies, standards. You will provide guidelines pertaining to enterprise master data and lead Data Governance.
You'll be entrusted with advocacy, monitoring, improving and maintaining a high level of data quality for us. You will be the main liaison between our IT & Business SMEs and facilitate cross-functional discussions for data related matters. You'll also drive consensus around key decisions. Be prepared to hold responsibility for continued maturity of our program which includes: management of Data analysts, Data stewards, technical staff, and vendors (as necessary).
You will also own the roadmap for evolution of other master data domains (product, employee, etc.) as well as execution of associated projects.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Employee management including but not limited to sourcing, interviewing and hiring talent for open positions. You'll also help with onboarding, establishing goals, assigning or delegating work, providing on-the-job training, giving mentorship to staff, conducting performance evaluations, approving paid time-off (PTO), developing performance improvement plans, and taking disciplinary action.
- Lead our Master Data Management Center of Excellence (MDM CoE)
- Develop and run enterprise data policies, standards, and processes
- Ensure teamwork from Data Stewards, Data Owners, business SMEs and IT partners
- Provide partnerships and influence through change management
- Align Data Governance policies, processes, and procedures with compliance programs (i.e., Privacy, InfoSec, etc.)
- Evaluate and review new technologies on their applicability to MDM architecture and design
- Develop and monitor ongoing operations of MDM
- Facilitate the Data Governance Committee meetings and lead discussions with options and recommendations to address specific issues
- Document, implement and maintain our master data models (i.e. uniform definition of a customer) and associated business processes with appropriate owners
- Track data governance action items, issues, and priorities
- Coordinate and facilitate all data projects ensuring compliance regarding data governance
- Audit project level data governance work to ensure that practices and standards are being met
- Handle the data to ensure alignment to consistent definitions, business naming standards, development of standard calculations, security requirements, etc.
- Track data governance process change requests, conduct process gap analysis and provide recommendations
- Develop and carry out methods and validation mechanisms for ensuring data quality and accuracy
- Develop metrics and reporting requirements for ongoing monitoring of our data
- Audit project level data governance deliverables
For the full job description, click here.