Seattle Parks Foundation is a 20-year-old nonprofit with a history of successful planning, organizing, advocacy, and fundraising on behalf of our city’s public spaces. The Development Manager is one of the public faces of our foundation—a key relationship builder who works closely with community partners and donors to deliver on the promise of Parks for All. As such, this individual must model our core commitments as an organization:
• We listen to learn, work in partnership, and lift up others.
• We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. This means confronting our assumptions about structures of oppression and, in response, continually remaking our internal culture.
• We are accountable. When we commit, we deliver. When we make a mistake, we accept responsibility.
• We embrace change and the challenges that come with it.
• We nurture a culture of gratitude and continually celebrate and thank volunteers, staff, partners, and donors.
We are seeking a Development Manager to enrich our community giving and institutional giving programs. This individual will lead and implement the annual campaign, including all solicitation, acknowledgment, cultivation, and stewardship activities and events. The Development Manager is responsible for cultivating positive relations with donors, staff, and community partners to ensure that Seattle Parks Foundation’s community giving goals are met.
The Development Manager will be directly responsible for stewarding all donors that give under $1,000. This job involves working closely with the Director of Development and the Communications Manager; an engaged, connected, and strategic board of directors; a joyful, diverse, and experienced staff who embrace the organization’s mission; and community partners who contribute their abundant intelligence and wisdom.
The successful candidate will manage multiple projects and deadlines, is a self-starter, comfortable meeting in person or on the phone with donors and partners, committed to working with community members to support community-led solutions, innovative and creative, detailed-oriented, and has a passion for equitable parks and public spaces.
For more information about this opportunity, please refer to the job description.