Communications & Events Coordinator
Seattle Works’ mission is to connect volunteers, develop leaders, and build community. From volunteer projects to nonprofit board training, we connect individuals, companies, and teams to their community and to one another. Seattle Works is building towards our vision of an actively engaged, thriving community.
As part of our mission, we are committed acknowledging and addressing racism, power, and privilege, both in our organization and in our community. We are currently implementing a transformational strategic plan grounded in anti-racist values. We are proud of our important role in Seattle and excited about where we are headed.
We’re looking to add someone to the team who is excited to be a part of our mission and growth! We value talents as much as skills, lived experience as much as education, and if you see yourself in this role given our qualifications, we strongly encourage you to apply.
The Communications & Events Coordinator is primarily responsible for sharing our story through events, campaigns, and social media, and coordinating our annual auction and gala, Swank.
We are looking for someone who can:
• Work on multiple events and projects at once, including coordinating supplies, vendors, volunteers, and timelines, with a high level of attention to follow-through and details
• Enthusiastically share our story in a variety of ways
• Build and maintain relationships with vendors and nonprofit partners
• Adapt to change, work through set-backs and challenges, and creatively solve problems as they arise
• Be committed to carrying out our anti-racism strategic plan and continuing personal anti-racism journey
We are a small team that works together to make big projects happen. Everyone on the team is expected to build relationships within the organization and with our external partners.
For more information about this opportunity, please refer to the job description.